Everybody needs to start somewhere. Rocky started his outdoor adventures with a little hike up near San Luis Obispo, Ca called the Lemon Grove trail. Armed only with a couple of cell phones, an entry level DSLR, an Ergobaby 360 and no water, we took on the 1.7 mile walk through the beautiful countryside of SLO.
While this was by no means a challenging hike, it did answer some basic questions:
- Could we get this done in a reasonable amount of time?
- Would carrying Rocky during a hike allow me to navigate the trail?
- Could we finish the hike without Rocky melting down in a fit of rage?
- Could we finish the hike without Rocky or I overheating?
- Could we motivate ourselves to make this thing really happen?
Luckily, the answer to all of these questions was a resounding “Yes!”
Rocky, SierraMadre and I made it happen and built some much needed confidence for pursuing further adventures.